Click here for Parrots / Psittacines found in Australia
Doves and Pigeons found in Australia
- Bar-shouldered Dove (Geopelia humeralis)
- Brown Cuckoo-dove (Macropygia phasianella) - Range: Australia from Weipa and Aurukun in the north to Bega in the south and most inland at Atherton and Toowoomba
- Diamond Dove (Geopelia cuneata)
- Emerald Dove (Chalcophaps indica) - Range: Northern and eastern Australia
- Peaceful Dove (Geopelia placida)
- Rose-crowned Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus regina) - Range: Lowland rainforests of eastern Australia, and monsoon forests of northern Australia
- Superb Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus superbus) - Range: Found from southern New South Wales around the town of Moruya and extends further north, where it becomes more common to Cape York in Queensland.
- Wompoo Fruit Dove (Ptilinopus magnificus)
- Collared Imperial-pigeon (Ducula mullerii) - Range: Has been recorded from Boigu and Saibai Islands, Australian territory in northern Torres Strait
- Crested Pigeon (Ocyphaps lophotes) - Range: Mainland Australia
- Pied Imperial Pigeon (Ducula bicolor) - Range: Northern Australia
- Spinifex Pigeon (Geophaps plumifera)
- White-headed Pigeon (Columba leucomela)
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Click here to upload articles and images.
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!