The broad-tailed parrots (Platycercini, sometimes considered a subfamily: Platycercinae) are small to medium in size parrots.
- Genus Prosopeia
- Genus Eunymphicus
- Genus Cyanoramphus
- Black-fronted Parakeet, Cyanoramphus zealandicus (extinct, c.1850)
- Society Parakeet, Cyanoramphus ulietanus (extinct, late 18th century)
- Antipodes Parakeet, Cyanoramphus unicolor
- Red-crowned Parakeet, Cyanoramphus novaezelandiae
- Subantarctic Red-crowned Parakeet, Cyanoramphus erythrotis
(extinct, late 18th century)
- Reischek's Parakeet, Cyanoramphus (erythrotis) hochstetteri
- Yellow-fronted Parakeet,Cyanoramphus auriceps
- Chatham Parakeet, Cyanoramphus forbesi
- Malherbe's Parakeet, Cyanoramphus malherbi
- Genus Platycercus
- Western Rosella, Platycercus icterotis
- Crimson Rosella, Platycercus elegans
- Green Rosella, Platycercus caledonicus
- Pale-headed Rosella, Platycercus adscitus
- Eastern Rosella, Platycercus (adscitus) eximius
- Northern Rosella, Platycercus venustus
- Australian Ringneck, Barnardius zonarius
- Genus Purpureicephalus
- Red-capped Parrot, Purpureicephalus spurius
- Genus Lathamus
- Swift Parrot, Lathamus discolor
- Genus Northiella - often included in Psephotus
- Blue Bonnet, Northiella haematogaster
- Genus Psephotus
The following genera are traditionally placed in this tribe, but this inclusion is either incorrect (Budgerigar) or at least doubtful based on by molecular studies.
- Genus Melopsittacus
- Budgerigar, Melopsittacus undulatus
- Genus Neopsephotus - sometimes included in Neophema
- Bourke's Parrot, Neopsephotus bourkii
- Genus Neophema
- Genus Pezoporus
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Click here to upload articles and images.
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!