Harriers are birds of prey that feed on small mammals, reptiles or birds, often hunting them by flying low over open ground,
- Genus Circus
- Montagu's Harrier, Circus pygargus
- Northern or Hen Harrier, Circus cyaneus
- Western Marsh Harrier, Circus aeruginosus
- Eastern Marsh Harrier, Circus spilonotus
- African Marsh Harrier, Circus ranivorus
- Swamp Harrier, Circus approximans
- Madagascar Marsh Harrier, Circus maillardi
- Réunion Harrier, Circus maillardi
- Long-winged Harrier, Circus buffoni
- Spotted Harrier, Circus assimilis
- Black Harrier, Circus maurus
- Cinereous Harrier, Circus cinereus
- Pallid Harrier, Circus macrourus
- Pied Harrier, Circus melanoleucos
- Eyles' Harrier, Circus eylesi (New Zealand, extinct): The Eyles' Harrier is an extinct bird of prey which lived in New Zealand. It was an example of island gigantism. It was the size of a small eagle, and a generalist predator.
- Genus Polyboroides
- Genus Geranospiza
- Crane Hawk, Geranospiza caerulescens
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Click here to upload articles and images.
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!