Herb Salad Testimonials
What customers say about this product ...
Back to Herb Salad or Bird Nutrition
The reason why the Avianweb is distributing this item is because I accidentally came across this product a few months ago and purchased it for my parrots - my African Grey, handicapped cockatiel and my lovebird - who are VERY picky and suspicious of new foods. I purchased the herb mix to see if I can get them to try something new (which is challenging to say the least). I was surprised that within hours of offering the herbs in a separate dish, I found them all eating from it! I frankly didn't expect that. I am now offering the herb salad in a separate dish at all times and continue to watch them enjoy it. It makes me feel good as I am constantly concerned about the nutrition they receive. As hard as I try to provide a varied diet -- I find that most of the fresh foods that I offer end up on the floor; an experience shared by most, if not all, bird owners. It took me a while to find out who the manufacturer is and I am very excited and happy to be able to now provide the Herb Salad to the Avianweb visitors.
How I feed it: I offer the Herb Salad in a separate dish (away from water and fresh food dishes that could contaminate the herbs). Once my birds have reduced it to "powder" I mix it in with their seed mix and refill the herb dish with a fresh batch. Sibylle Faye
- I have a blind Senegal dove and since he can never be released I wanted to make sure he was getting proper nutrition. Apart from the seeds I wanted to offer him more since birds in the wild eat grasses and different seeds, so I was kindly sent a sample of Herb Salad to try. To be honest I was pretty sceptical at first because Noddy was clueless at the time and I had to hand feed him as he didn't know how to eat by himself. I put a plate of the Herb Salad in his cage, at the time he had another Senegal dove with him - Bonnie, who had a mauled wing. Bonnie immediately started pecking at the Herb Salad! Eventually Bonnie was released but I think the Herb Salad really helped Noddy learn how to eat by himself. It is fragrant and seems to attract birds. This stuff is amazing! Noddy now eats by himself and I will never let him go without his Herb Salad. I highly recommend it to all bird owners who are concerned about offering their birds the widest choice of nutrition possible. Hind, Egypt.
- I received the Herb Salad today, thank you. My two Lady Gouldians were waiting at their apple feeder for me to fill it. Your greens are their Favorite food! I have some before and after Herb Salad photos for you..." Mike and the boys
- I have a Senegal parrot that has had runny droppings for some time. Nothing has worked in trying to treat the bird. We had an avian vet speak at our bird club recently. His talk was on natural, holistic, and herb medicines. I tried your Herb Salad and now the Senegal’s droppings are normal! Ina E
- Thank Heavens for Herb Salad . My Rosy Bourke Hen was on the floor of her cage, shivering and feathers in disarray. I called my Avian Vet late Saturday evening, only to find out she was away for the weekend. I set up by “hospital lamp”, put down food and water along with about an ounce of Herb Salad . About 0500 Sunday, I heard a horrible screech and ran out to find my hen still crouched down, but an egg sitting on the cage floor. I continued to feed the hen Herb Salad and she is continuing to improve. Please send me two more pounds. Thanks Cynthia
- Since my birds have been on the herbs and eating a more varied and nutritious diet, I have NOT LOST A ONE!!! knock on wood. They have full breasts now - instead of knife thin ones and the cockbirds sing incessantly to their hens. Oh and I did notice that while I got those dang seed moths in the seed, the short grain brown rice, the kibbles, the dry eggfood, everything - guess what? Even having accidentally left the baggie open a few time, ZERO SEED MOTHS in the herbs. I was VERY pleasantly surprised. Christine
- I highly recommend it to all. My birds pick at it daily. It is part of my routine diet provided. I won 7 ribbons at the NFSS region 1 Bird Show Saturday so you have my accolades. Robert
- Remember my sick cockatiels? Well, they’re not sick anymore thanks to you and your fast delivery of Herb Salad ! As I told you before, none of the medicines I tried were working so when it was suggested to me to try your herbs, I thought why not? Boy am I glad I did! William
- Just a note to thank you for the prompt shipping of the herb salad. This is my third purchase and my birds love it. I think this is a high quality product that helps to keep my pets healthy and happy. Thanks again, Wendy
- By night all their bowls were empty. I searched the bottom of the cages to see how much they had thrown out, I was surprised to see the parrotlets had only thrown out a very small amount. There was not a trace of it left in the Grey cage. Looks like it is a big hit around here. thank you very much, Sandra
- I have to say, I offered your free 1 oz bag to my Goffin... scared at first and in about 10 minutes...beak in the bowl, didn’t come out for 20 minutes! I hope there are medicinal properties, but just based on his enthusiam... I’m definately a customer! Thank you, thank you! Rebekah and Pope John... (PJ)
- We are breeders of Lady Gouldians and Parrotlets, we use your Herb Salad on a daily basis, our birds love it. Roberta and Frank Troffer.
- I just wanted to say that I ordered the herb salad a couple weeks ago (one pound) and my birds absolutely LOVE it. I can't believe how fast they are eating it. I had to order another pound today because I'm already almost out. I'm feeding this to an assortment of finches and canaries. I'm very excited to see how this affects their health, breeding and color. If anyone is wondering about trying it I highly recommend it. .........Debby
- My birds love their herbs. I have given it to eighty plus birds and their dishes are almost empty daily now. My avian vet told me my birds were healthy, but under weight. Since I put out the Herb Salad , they are eating much more. We have primarily finch and lovebirds, ten budgies, a pair of rosy bourke and diamond doves. They all seem to chow down on their Herb Salad as they feel they need it. Some days lots of Herb Salad disappears, other days they don't touch it. Thanks .........Cynthia
- I’ve never seen them consume, or search for something in particular like they do your herbs!! Dianne
- I just wanted to say that I ordered the herb salad a couple weeks ago (one pound) and my birds absolutely LOVE it. I can't believe how fast they are eating it. I had to order another pound today because I'm already almost out. I'm feeding this to an assortment of finches and canaries. I'm very excited to see how this affects their health, breeding and color. If anyone is wondering about trying it I highly recommend it….. Debby
- I've seen the Gouldians take up a piece of some coarser stuff, and beak it to death, even when it dropped, one would get it and do it all over again. I know it said that there are calming properties in some of the herbs. No wonder my Zebras, who usually are antsy getting their spots at night were angels, everyone making room for the next guy LOL. It's a hit over here!.....Theresa
- This stuff is great. The biggest fans are the pintailed nonpareils - which go through a cup full a week. I had tons of problems with my pintails -- losing many to megabacteria they were shipped to me with. They are not the easiest finch to keep - fussy eaters. It took forever to get them to eat what was good for them - like greens laden with vits, minerals, eggfood and goodies like that. At about the same time that they started eating something other than canary seed, oats, short grained brown rice and millet spray, I also introduced the herb mix. And they clean the dish out!....Christine
- Outstanding! ... They really seem to go for it (and it's not like they don't have anything else to eat LOL!!) Will keep them on it this winter and see what happens next breeding season - I will keep the group apprised of any unusual events (like BABIES!)... Laura
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Upload your Articles and Images
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!