Hummingbird Species Photo Gallery / Page 1
Clicking on any of the below images will take you to the respective hummingbird species page - with information and more photos.
Hummingbirds found in the USA (by U.S. State)
Photos of ...
- Blue Hummingbirds - Those with significant blue plumage details
- Emerald Hummingbirds - Mostly glittering green in plumage, females pale below. Some species occur in South America, and some on Caribbean islands.
- Hermits / Sicklebills / Barbthroats (occur in Southern Mexico, Central & South America - plumage is typically brown, rufous, green and grey)
- Lancebills (occur in Bolivia, Brazil, Colombia, Costa Rica, Ecuador, Guyana, Panama, Peru and Venezuela)
- Sabrewings (large hummingbirds that mostly occur in Central and South America, and some in Mexico)
- Sunangels (genus: Aglaiocercus) - from South America
- Pufflegs (South American Hummingbirds with distinctive feather "puffs" around their legs)
- Violetears - Medium to large hummingbird species found in Mexico, and Central and northern South America. The Green Violetear occasionally wanders as far north as the United States and Canada. They have a violet-blue patch from their eyes down to their necks.
- Starthroats - Mostly found in Mexico and Central America. Rare, seasonal visitors to the United States, specifically south-easternmost Arizona
- Sylph Hummingbirds (genus: Aglaiocercus) from South America. Males have elongated outer tail-feathers.
- Woodnymphs - Occur naturally in Central and South America, with only one race being found as far north as western Mexico.
- Mangos: Mostly found in Mexico, Central and South America, and the Caribbean islands. Rare cases of vagrants into the United States.
- Streamertails (only found in Jamaica) - glossy green hummingbirds; breeding-age males have long tail feathers; in fact, the longest tail feathers of any hummingbird species.
- Woodstars: (mostly South America, but also one Central American species and one from the Bahamas)
High Quality Species Photos, Videos and/or Articles Contributions are welcome! Upload your Articles and Images
Please Note: The images on this page are the sole property of the photographers (unless marked as Public Domain). Please contact the photographers directly with respect to any copyright or licensing questions. Thank you.
The Avianweb strives to maintain accurate and up-to-date information; however, mistakes do happen. If you would like to correct or update any of the information, please send us an e-mail. THANK YOU!